- Higher than anywhere in the United States for prostate cancer
- Second highest in the nation for breast cancer
- Third highest in the nation for cervical cancer
- Seventh highest in the nation for all cancers combined.
(Sources: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and DC Cancer Registry)
DC Cancer Consortium is actively engaged in addressing these critical gaps in cancer care the DC metro area. Ensuring access to screening, early detection, treatment and education is a vital part of the Consortium’s mission. In response to the needs of DC, DCCC has developed the Cancer Control Plan.
The 2013-2018 DC Cancer Control Plan promotes public policies at all levels of government that support cancer prevention and detection programs, improve access to care, and enhance quality of life for those affected by cancer.
Among the most urgent and comprehensive actions needed to implement and sustain the Cancer Plan are the following:
- Link to executive summary with icon of PDF cover
- Link to full report with icon of PDF cover
Copyright DC Cancer Consortium 2013